From the late 1980s until 2000 I was an electronics engineer in the UK pro-audio industry. I started at Soundcraft Electronics' factory in North London, and later was designed audio equipment for Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. (I believe that some of it is still in use.) For a while I had a small company called McBee Audio Labs (the logo was designed by Waso De Cauter). I wrote a few articles about what I did, and as people seem to find them interesting and useful I keep them here.
Please note that I don't currently take on repair or design work.
- THE MIGHTY FLEA BATTERY GUITAR AMP
- The MASSCOT Guitar Preamp Compressor Overdrive EQ
- Giving An Analogue Mixing Console Some Love
- How To Build An Audio Test Bench
- MPA GOLD Mic Preamp Repair - thank you ART
- Universal Audio 4110 and Millenia HV-3D Mic Preamp Repairs
- Dynacord "Eminent" Valve Amplifier Restoration And Conversion
- Rebuild Of An Audio Mixer Power Supply
- How to test an amplifier without speakers